DocuSign stores agreements that are completed, voided, or declined for an indefinite amount of time. This has made managing outstanding agreements more difficult within the DocuSign console. You need an automated solution so you no longer need to spend time manually deleting envelopes.
Leverage the ‘Document Retention’ settings in the DocuSign Admin to automate deletion of the completed envelopes. This will allow you to configure auto-deletion after a certain number of days while not deleting the Certificate of Completion.
- Click on the DocuSign Admin tab in Salesforce
- Click the ‘DocuSign’ tab
- Click on your user icon in the top right-hand corner, then click ‘Go to Admin’
- Click on ‘Security Settings’
- Navigate to the ‘Envelope Security’ section, then click the ‘Document Retention’ link
- Un-check the ‘Always retain documents from completed envelopes’ checkbox
- Enter the number of days the completed envelopes should be stored in DocuSign
- Click the ‘Save’ button
- Click the ‘Confirm’ button