Many people would like to automate the document generation process when an action is taken such as a field is updated. This can be done by configuring Nintex Drawloop to use a workflow and outbound message. This is often called at automated DDP. Use the detailed guide below to assist you in the configuration.
What is an Automated DDP?
- Trigger DDP to run and generate a document without button clicks
- All the logic is already configured – the User does not need to select the Document Package, Delivery Option or Contact.
- Any user interaction is not supported (Selecting contact, attachments, editing email)
- No Download delivery option (process happens in the background)
- You must create relationships between standard object (create relationship from Opp to Account to get Account fields)
- Email delivery option requires the Contact object be referenced in the Drawloop_Next field. If you are emailing a User, mark the Internal Email checkbox on the delivery option (note: merge fields in SF email template will not populate when this box is checked)
- Contact must be a look-up and cannot be a formula field containing Contact Id
Configuration – Basic:
Use Case: Every time a sales rep changes an opportunity Stage to ‘Proposal/Price Quote’ the Invoice will automatically be sent to the customer for review.
Three Components: Drawloop_Next field, Workflow, Outbound Message
- Create Drawloop_Next field on the Object you are running from
- Field type: Formula
- Formula Return Type: Text
- Syntax: “SFobject_name__c:” & ObjectId & “;SFanother_object__c:” & AnotherId & “;DDPId:static Id;Deploy:staticid;DeployType:autoemail”
- Recommend using the Advanced Formula view when creating the syntax
- If you are EMAILING the DDP you will need to include the Contact object and Id
- Static information goes in quotes “” (ex: object name, ddp Id)
- Dynamic information have no quotes (unknown Ids such as the Opportunity Id)
- Create Workflow & Outbound Message
- Step 1: Select Object
- Step 2: Set criteria
- Step 3: Create outbound message
- Endpoint URL: https://apps.drawloop.com/package/111
- Send Session Id = TRUE
- [Object] fields to send: Id, Drawloop_Next
- Step 4: Activate
- Job Queue
- Is there an error? If so, troubleshoot the error.
- If you trigger the workflow again does the Pending number go up? If not, there is a configuration issue (view workflow & outbound message)
- Is it Active?
- Outbound Message
- Is the Send Session Id check-box marked?
- Is the Endpoint URL correct?
- Is the user specified in the ‘User to send as’ field an active Salesforce User?
- Do they have access to the Drawloop_Next field?
- Do they have permissions to run the DDP manually? Ensure they have DDP object permissions
- Does the ‘[Object] fields to send’ contain the Id and Drawloop_Next field?
- Go to Setup > Monitor > Outbound Messages and see if the OBMessage is in the queue or has failed
- Have all the Ids been brought in? Drag field onto the page layout to have visibility on this.
- Are the Ids referencing the correct records?
- Do all the records exist? Has the DDP or Delivery Option been deleted?
- Is the syntax correct? Is there a missing quotation or semi-colon?
Configuration – Advanced
DocuSign to Contact referenced in lookup field
On the DocuSign delivery option set the Specified Recipient field to ‘User Selected Contact’
DocuSign using Dynamic-Name Email
On the DocuSign delivery option set the Specified Recipient to ‘Dynamic-Name Email’ and assign a Static Name (this example has static name of ‘signer1’)
“SFOpportunity:” & Id & “;DDPId:a021500000ETjV2AAL;Deploy:a011500000T8Zn1;DeployType:autoDocuSign” & “;signer1_name:” & Approver_Name__c & “;signer1_email:” & Approver_Email__c
Include Attachments – Dynamic (attachment Ids are stored in field on record)
“SFOpportunity:” & Id & “;SFContact:” & Billing_Contact__r.Id & “;DDPId:a021500000ETjV2AAL;Deploy:a011500000T8Zn3” & “;attachids:” & ProductAttachments__c
Include Attachments – Static
“SFOpportunity:” & Id & “;SFContact:” & Billing_Contact__r.Id & “;DDPId:a021500000ETjV2AAL;Deploy:a011500000T8Zn3” & “;attachids:06960000001dJy1|06960000001dJy7”
“SFOpportunity:” & Id & “;SFContact:” & Billing_Contact__r.Id & “;DDPId:a021500000ETjV2AAL;Deploy:a011500000T8Zn3” & “;image1:015d0000000tKE6.jpg” & “;image2:015d0000000tMqT.jpg” & “;image3:015d0000000tSUo.jpg”
Use <<image1>> <<image2>> <<image3>> in document